Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Showers were so much easier before kids.

I usually take showers late at night when the kids are all asleep. I learned that this is way less stressful than taking one when the sun is up. Last night I was way to tired to attempt to stand in the shower. I figured maybe just maybe I could sneak one in before the baby woke up. No such luck. So when she laid down for her nap I saw this as my window of opportunity. My three yr old was content playing in his room. I let him know that I would be right next door in the bathroom. Soon after I stepped in the shower he threw the door open. I guess he was eager to inform me that the baby is now awake and complaining from her play pen. No worries though cause she is not tall enough to escape from it. Being the good big brother that he is he offered to go in and talk to her until I was finished. I agreed and not even a minute later I could hear the two of them screaming. I shut off the water and I as I was wrapping myself in a towel I could hear my son yelling "HELP ME HELP ME!" I envisioned the baby having him in a death grip or choke hold. Yes she is that mean. The room is just steps across the hall. I quickly pushed open the door to find my son straddled on the side of the play pen. He had brought in one of his ride on toys to use as a step stool. He has not quite learned yet that things on wheels are not really the best thing for that. It must have moved and he lost his footing. Poor little guy landed right on his man parts. I hope he does not have permanent damage or trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment