Thursday, September 30, 2010

Got bored went home...

My sister came over tonight with all of her kids and her borrowed daughter. I made meat loaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli cheddar, and biscuits. Not to mention muffins for dessert. This is my usual fall night. I enjoy having everyone over to eat. I have a huge table and lots of chairs for everyone. After dinner my sister and I took some time to compare our bridesmaid dresses for my little brothers wedding. Which is in 16 days. I showed her my daughters dresses and shoes. I know we are exciting people aren't we?! Once the dress comparing came to an end...10 minutes tops. We sat all the kids down in the living room to watch a movie. It was on Nickelodeon. The movie was called "Fred the movie" Clever I know. In the movie the prepubescent teenage boy was in love with a girl named Judy. We laughed the entire way through the movie. My three year old even found it funny. For me it was a little funnier every time this character said the name Judy.
Flash back to this past summer.....
My children were outside playing on a Friday evening. I was in the kitchen making tacos. Friday has become Taco Night. The children look forward to it all week. They tell all of their friends about our families taco night. This taco night was no different from any other. I kicked the kids outside to play while I got everything ready. When dinner was ready I yelled off the back deck that dinner was ready. All of them came rushing from the park next door. You would swear I never feed them. My fiance loves to have races and contest. This was not the first time they had a taco eating contest. The rules were simple who could eat one the fastest and who could eat the most. You will never believe who won....My fiance. (I swear he has a tape worm) That night we ate over thirty tacos between all of us. It was almost dark when we finished.
After dinner I started the usual bedtime procedures of showers snack and teeth brushing. With all the children tucked in bed my fiance and I finally laid down. We had plans for the next day. Not that I can remember what those plans were. But I have a good excuse the only thing that stands out to me from that day was the note written in chalk at the bottom of my steps. We were headed out to get all the kids in the car when I turned around to read what it said.

GOT BORED
WENT HOME
JUDY

I had no idea who Judy was. I was telling my fiance what was written on the sidewalk. My children chimed in with a little help. Apparently the night before just before dinner was done they were playing with a little girl they had just met at the park. When I yelled that dinner was done. My children told Judy to just wait for them in our yard and they would be right back out. Needless to say they never did make it back out.
So to Judy I say this. Sorry they forgot about you and thanks for the note.

2 comments: