Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I sleep with my door open.

Sorry I have not had a post in a few days. It has been a crazy week. I had a little sit down meeting with my fiance and his ex wife to go over some issues we were having. Needless to say that did not go well. It did however further prove to me that she truly is jealous and bitter. I will give you just one small example of how I came to that conclusion. This womans number one issue that she wanted to go over was the fact that we locked our bedroom door at night. REALLY?! I took the subtle approach at first. I explained how our door is not locked all night, just for an hour or two. She still insisted that this was a problem for her 6yr old son. Something about he needed the reassurance in the middle of the night that we were still there? Yes that was the best she came up with. She claims to sleep with her door open all night. When I further explained that most nights we do not go to bed til 2 am. She quickly responded with "Well he sometimes gets up at 3am." I was begining to see this was a I broke my arm in two places and she broke hers in three kinda thing. After five minutes of her trying to tell me how inappropriate I was for locking my bedroom door I whispered across the table. "We lock our door cause we are busy." Of course she had nothing to say to that and changed the subject.
I learned from that small part of the conversation that day. She truly is jealous. If she thinks some made up story of child insecurities is going to keep me from having sex in my own house she needs therapy. Her son has never voiced any of these concerns to us. Maybe it is true. Maybe at her house those things happen. My question to her is...How often do you leave your children home alone at night that they need to check your bed for your where abouts? I wish I would have thought of that while she was across the table from me. I doubt I will ever have the oppurtunity to do so.
I am thankful for everything that I have in my life. My fiance really is a wonderful loving person. I believe we bring out the best in eachother. Guess that was something she just was unable to do. The saying is true..."You do not know what you have until it is gone." In my case I already know and I have no plans on making any changes.

3 comments:

  1. you would not have said that anyway because you had strict instructions to stick to the agenda, remember? THIS CONVERSATION IS NOT PART OF MY OUTLINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. True but a girl can dream cant she lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't she ever have to, er, lock the door? Maybe the expression "You don't know what you had until it's gone" applies to this lady too!

    ReplyDelete