Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Its the little things...


I got my son a new pair of shoes today. Not because he needed them for school or anything after all he is only three. I got them cause I loved them. They were the cutest shoes I have come across. Usually boys shoes are not fun. There are no cute sparkles or gems. No pink bows or lace. I have three girls so when I think of cute shoes that is what comes to mind. My son would have no quams with wearing such cute pretty in pink shoes. He loves to have his hair done with hairspray. Just the other day my two daughters were kind enough to do his makeup. He "lobed it" (loved) as he says about most things. Growing up in a house of all girls must be hard for him. Maybe not so much now but definately when he gets older. I take comfort in knowing that he at least has my fiance as a strong male role model. Yet (in no offense to him) he has lacked personal style. Don't get me wrong pirate apparel is hot but in public it does not always fly. LOL. So I have taken it upon myself to choose clothes and accessories for the both of them.

Back to the shoes. Now I said I bought them because I loved them. I never thought for a second what was to follow. After showing my son the shoes he quickly set them on his lap in the cart and began to point out all the familiar faces. After his display of rapid recall he was insistent that we go and pay for them. When I say persistent I mean every three minutes he was yelling PAY! Once the shoes were paid for and safely in a bag he carried his bag to the car. Held the bag on his lap the entire trip home. Carried them up the steps to the house. Where he quickly pulled them from the bag and began insisting that I put them on him. You already know how the insisting thing goes. I cut the tags laced them up and put them on his feet. I am pretty certain they may be one size to big. It does not seem to bother to him in the least. My son has not been outside at all to play yet he has not taken his new shoes off. He is so proud of his shoes he had me take pictures of them and send them to poeple. It is now bedtime and I am having trouble convincing him to take them off. This is a battle I choose to lose. I want my kids to have a happy healthy childhood. If sleeping with your brand new sweet ass shoes that the best mommy in the world bought for you makes you happy. Then by all means that is what he is allowed to do.

4 comments:

  1. Those truly are some sweet shoes, and I am a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little sad the picture is so unclear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will come see them in person soon, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the picture was a little bit bigger so I can see them better. Your son sounds like he's going to be a male fashionista! :) So cute. I lobe it. jeje

    ReplyDelete