Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Charming

A few days ago while randomly shuffling through blogs. I came across a blog entry of a girl from California who recently moved to Australia. I believe the name of the blog was Hed Down Under. (sorry I do not know how to link it) She was talking about shopping for a charm bracelet to represent her new and old life. It inspired me. Not to move to Australia...although that would be awesome. It made me want to get a charm bracelet. One that represented me and my life. I do not mean one of those pandora beaded charms ones either. If I wanted a beaded bracelet I would have my kids make me one. After some deliberation and my fiance offering to pay for it I did some research. I did what most people do these days. I posted it on my facebook wall asking for peoples input on where I should get it from. I forget who mentioned Confers Jewlers in Bellefonte but who ever did...Thank You.
I went to confer today with my mom and my two youngest children. We got there not long after 11am. For those of you who know my mother you will know that that was a task in it of itself. ( She is almost non functioning before 2pm) I spent an hour flipping through the book of charms. I was having trouble deciding what would best to describe my children in charm form. I wanted one for all five of my own children and one for my fiance. I finally came up with some pretty solid ideas. I will run through them for you and if you have a better idea it may be to late cause I already ordered them.

Fiance-----> Wrench...he is a mechanic
Son # 1----->Angel wings...he passed on 4/26/03 from cancer
Daughter#1-----> Princess Tiara...a complex she was given by a family friend before birth
Daughter #2----->Microphone...she is my little performer
Son #2-----> Dollar sign...his nick name is MONEY
Daughter #3----->Jack o Lantern...she was born on Halloween

I feel pretty confident that those will translate well for them when they are older. I am sure my collection of charms will not end there. I have my eye on a few more. So if any of you are wondering what do I need for the following holidays...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Kwanzaa CHARMS! Here are a few examples four leaf clover, skull, Celtic symbol, and a tattoo gun would be sweet. Although I did not notice that last one in the book. LOL Seriously though I am so excited about this bracelet. I am not real big on jewelry I have worn the same necklace and earrings for that last ten years and have no urge to switch it up. I am thinking this charm bracelet will be the same way. Only difference is I can add to it and make it my own.

1 comment: