Thursday, August 12, 2010

Free time...?

I have been having a sort of writers block since my last post. A few times I have opened up this blank format and stared at it. Maybe I was thinking that sitting here in front of it would give me inspiration to write something great. Not such the case. Then I started to think that just maybe I honestly had nothing to write about. After all my life is semi uneventful. My days for the most part follow the same schedule day after day. The weekends are the only thing I have to look forward to. Although not for the same reasons I used to. I used to count down until I could go out and hang out with my friends. Now all the weekend brings is the enjoyment of family activities. I am not complaining by any means. I love spending my saturday afternoons with my boyfriend and all the kids. I just long for the days when it can just be me and him.
Thankfully this weekend we have the opportunity to go out for the evening. My sister has planned a birthday celebration for her 25th. Even though I do not drink and hate drunk people I am looking forward to doing this mini bar tour. It will help to break up the monotony of my everyday life. Since childhood I have always enjoyed just watching people. My mom used to take us to downtown Pittsburgh to window shop. We did not have alot of money then (nor do we have alot now) so we spent most of the day watching the comings and goings of the people on the streets. It was amusing to me to watch people. Please don't think that I am being rude or judgemental when I did this that is not at all what I was doing. I simply observe and if something funny happens I laugh to myself. It is these small moments of comedic simplicity that I enjoy. A miss step on the side walk, toilet paper stuck to a shoe or that one drunk girl in 6 inch heels slowly making her way home. This is what I am going to do this weekend while the rest of my friends get wasted. No kids and Tommy by my side. I can not wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment